Learners will have lessons at the Southgate Campus (Sports) or Wood Street Campus (A Levels) and receive training at Haringey Borough FC’s Coles Park Stadium. Students will also have occasional access to and sessions at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Training Centre.
Transport will be provided for learners to and from all of the above facilities free of charge. Learners who enrol on the course will be required to sign a code of conduct, and will not be allowed to train or play football unless they are up-to-date with their academic commitments
Additional benefits include a full-time team of physiotherapists and clinic sessions will be available for all learner athletes and free gym access to the Colleges performance gym with Strength and Conditioning Support available from Spurs Ladies’ first Strength and Conditioning staff.
Individuals of varying academic standards can apply and are catered for. Applicants can choose to study from the following full-time Courses:
Level 1 BTEC Introductory Diploma in Sport
Level 2 BTEC First Certificate in Sport
Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma
Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Level 2 YMCA Diploma in Health, Fitness and Exercise Instruction
Level 3 YMCA Certificate in Personal Training
A-Levels (inc PE, Maths, Further Maths, English Lit, English Lang, Psychology, Sociology, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Business, Economics and more.
What can students expect on the programme?
- All coaching staff have appropriate FA qualifications in football, are trained in emergency first aid, and are DBS checked to enhanced level. Coaches from the Tottenham Hotspur Foundation are also Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Academy or Spurs Ladies or Development Centre coaches.
- By joining our programme, you can choose to study a wide range of courses including BTECs.
- Learners will use facilities at the training location and at Tottenham Hotspur Football Club over the duration of the year.
- Transportation will be provided for learners to and from all of the above facilities if required free of charge.
- Learners who enroll on the course will be required to sign a code of conduct, and will not be allowed to train or play football unless they are up-to-date with their academic commitments.
- Classroom sessions will fit around the football training and playing element of the programme.
- Learners will receive up to 10 hours of Spurs Ladies standard coaching each week.
- An elite squad will be selected from the students to compete at college level both locally and nationally.
- A development squad will also be selected to improve the skills of students who are not in the elite squad. These students may progress to the Spurs Ladies Development or First Team during the course of the academic year.
- The team will be entered into suitable leagues and cup competitions, ensuring that there are enough games for all players, and at the right level.
- Additional benefits include a full-time team of physiotherapists and clinic sessions will be available for all learner athletes and free gym access to the Colleges performance gym with Strength and Conditioning Support available.
- Tottenham hotspur full kit and Training gear for the programme will be provided for each learner.
How can students get involved?
- Learners will be recruited through various local youth and community projects and via formal referrals
- Successful applicants will be invited for a three-day football trial, class based assessment, and an interview with the college
- Applicants that are selected as a result of the football trial, class based assessment and college interview will be placed on a course that reflects their qualifications
How to Apply?
You can apply online for practicals for our full range of sports .
To receive more information, complete our registration form or contact us direct via email email@example.com or phone 020 8365 5138
Browse all sports courses