For International students, Barnet and Southgate College offers an ideal London base for studies. Our campuses are located with excellent transport links, and are just a short Underground journey away from central London
The College truly reflects the city’s multiculturalism and we are justifiably proud of our diversity.
The International Centre is based at our Southgate Campus, providing advice and guidance on:
- Choosing the right course.
- Applying for your visa.
- Finding accommodation.
- Opening a bank account.
- Getting to know London.
Courses are run across all our main sites. We welcome international students from all over the world on a wide range of courses; academic, professional, vocational and general interest courses, from Level 3 courses to Higher National Diplomas (HND), Foundation Degrees and Top Up Years
We are licensed to sponsor migrants under Tier 4 of the points-based system. This means we can sponsor students on Tier 4 General Student Visas.
All students must submit an application pack with all the documents listed below:
- International Student Application Questionnaire.
- Academic references.
- Copy of passport.
- Qualification certificates (country of origin) – verified by a notary public.
- Secure English language test e.g. IELTS (from a UKVI approved centre).
- Bank statement (Barnet Southgate is a London college for visa financial maintenance requirements).
- Personal statement.
- TB certificate for selected countries (see list of countries on the UK Border Agency website).
After we have received your completed application pack:
- Your qualifications are checked with NARIC.
- Your application is assessed by the relevant department.
- If you are in the UK you are invited for an interview.
- If you are outside the UK you will be interviewed online via Skype.
- If your application is successful you will receive a conditional offer.
- You will be required to make a full payment of your tuition fees.
After we have received your payment:
A Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is issued for Tier 4 General Student Visas.
Applying for a visa
Please note that that the UK Home Office will check all your documentation i.e. CAS, proof of sufficient funds and original copies of your academic qualifications.
Please visit: www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/overview
- You will need to show that you have enough money to pay course fees for the first year and have the required maintenance funds.
- You must show that you have held the required maintenance funds for a consecutive 28-day period in a bank account/building society.
If your visa application is refused you need to apply for a refund and submit a copy of the visa refusal.
Entry requirements for international students 2018-19
|COURSE||HOME COUNTRY QUALIFICATION||SECURE ENGLISH QUALIFICATION |
LANGUAGE TEST EQUIVALENCY RE: NARIC (IE IELTS)
|Level 4 & 5 |
HNC, Foundation degrees
|Level 6; Top-up year||Level 4/5||6.0|
UK Council for International Student Affairs - www.ukcisa.org.uk
Please contact the BSC International Centre for all enquiries:
0044 (0) 2037644787