Our photography courses provide students with a wide range of professional skills.
Photography courses are offered in:
BTEC L3 Extended Diploma Photography
- Full time (16 hours per week), equivalent to 3 A-levels
- Full time (16 hours per week)
- If you are a BTEC student opting in to the A-level you will need to attend an additional 4.5 hours
Part-Time: How to Take Digital Photography
- 2 hours per week for 10 weeks (Thursdays: September, January or April starts)
Part-Time: How to Take Advanced Digital Photography
- 2 hours per week for 10 weeks (Wednesdays: January or April starts)
Our full time courses balance photography skills with the knowledge needed to work in an art, craft and design environment.
You will have access to:
- 2 photography studios with 8 Bowens flash heads and a range of light modifiers
- An air conditioned black and white darkroom with 18 enlargers fit for 35mm, medium format and large format film
- A processing room for processing your own black and white film
- An Apple Mac suite with Adobe CS 6, dedicated film scanners and a Canon Pro A3+ Inkjet Printer.
- Once you are a student you are allowed to hire from our range of Nikon and Canon DSLR cameras, medium format and large format cameras, wide angle, portrait, macro and telephoto lenses, Bowens Travelpak kits.
Refer to the links on the right of this page to view course information and image galleries
Courses are based in the state of the art
Wood Street Campus