Why Choose Barnet and Southgate College?
With so much choice around, why would you choose Barnet and Southgate above other schools, colleges or training providers?
Here are 10 key facts that may help you make the right decision for your future.
1. Barnet and Southgate College is a highly successful Further Education college with over 16,000 students of all ages, from 14 years old to our oldest learner who is 86.
2. Barnet and Southgate College is one of the largest colleges in North London and is a prolific member of the 157 Group : an organisation that represents 27 of the largest, most successful and influential Further Education colleges in England
3. The College is renowned for its broad range of courses and the high quality of its teaching. With full and part time courses for young people and adults including: A Levels, foundation degrees, professional qualifications, vocational studies, work skills training and education for people with learning difficulties and disabilities.
4. The College delivers approximately 1,500 courses, in over 20 subjects, across four campuses at: Wood St (High Barnet), Southgate, Grahame Park (Colindale), and Edmonton (Edmonton Green).
5. The College is recognised for some of the best training facilities in the UK including: a state of the art £50 million campus at Wood Street; two motor vehicle workshops; a brand new commercial beauty training spa; a commercial hairdressing salon; a commercial training restaurant; industry standard electrical workshops; a mechatronics centre; dedicated music recording studios; dance studios and fully equipped purpose built science laboratories
6. The College offers broad support services such as mentors, counsellors, work experience co-ordinators and careers advisors. These services are accredited by Matrix , an external standard that recognises quality in advice and support services.
7. The College also supports people who are unemployed or at risk of redundancy with specialised courses designed to get people back into work.
8. The College has strong links with partners such as: the London Boroughs of Barnet and Enfield, Middlesex University and local schools.
9. The College also works in partnership with local, regional and national employers, in particular through Training for London , a specialist subsidiary which provides bespoke training for large and small employers.
10. The colleges (Barnet College and Southgate College) merged into one new College on 1st November 2011 – providing the residents of Barnet, Southgate and Enfield with access to a choice of high quality learning opportunities and exceptional skills and training facilities.